The word Doula comes from the ancient Greek meaning “ a woman who serves” and is now associated with a trained, experienced professional who provides physical, emotional and informational support to the mother to be.
In fact I am a Doula and I can help to increase your chances of having a more natural birth. Just a few of the benefits of contracting a Doula are that
- She will strive to maintain a calm and peaceful birth environment
- She has few or no other priorities and stays through shift changes until the baby is born
- She attends to the natural aspects of labor and the non-technical needs of the woman in labor
- Keeps the parents birthing plan a priority through out the entire pregnancy
- Empowers the partner to participate at their level of comfort
It is important to remember that women are not textbooks, they are organic, living, evolving organisms that there are many exceptions to every rule. We experience birth in many different ways. Through the 10 senses as well as through our perceptions and emotions. Imagine what it would feel like to have someone massage your feet during labor, keep a cool lavender towel on your forehead and support your birth plan. This is what I can do for you as your doula. I can optimize your experience and journey through the waves of labor.
Call (843)839-2762 for more information.